Saturday 13 September 2014

1/48th 1920s New Zealand Railway House for NZ Convention

I've got the first of the railway houses designed and built and then I got the 1930s rear addition made, so feeling pretty good as I'm quite happy with both. I will probably do a second version with a different roof and porch as well as the outside coal and W/C shed. I am very happy with the lattice work on the porch which is as per the original drawings.

 These kits will be on sale first at the New Zealand Convention in October, which I'm really looking forward to being at. The kit is made of Mdf, basswood ply, acetate and R/C board and is suitable for beginners up. I will be bringing over some finished samples for display, because even for me this was such a fun house of one's I'm familiar with from my youth in New Zealand.
 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, these look amazing!! May I ask how you made the iron roofing? Matt

    ReplyDelete